Friday, September 17, 2010

The Book im Reading!


The Story Sisters by Alice Hoffman
                Right now I am reading the book The Story Sisters. This book is very interesting. I am about 150 pages into it, and so far I like it. The book has three characters that are sisters and I think it is kind of weird because they have like their own little world called Arnelle, which also has its language. The sisters didn’t make the language up, they just knew it. I didn’t know who the main character of the story was, but as the story advanced the main character became Elv. Even though the other two sisters, Claire and Meg are still there the life of Elv and what she is going through is explained in more depth. This book is somewhat inappropriate because there is ugly language in it and because some parts are very vivid. Over all I think this book shows that Elv is a teenager that just when out of control and got sent to a behavior school. Meg isn’t very fond of her but Claire on the other hand loves her. They became inseparable the day that a man tried to kidnap Claire but Elv saved her. The man ended up kidnapping Elv, but she managed to escape. If we get to the point I am in (the middle of the story) I like this book. It is something that entertains me and believe it or not, I actually read it when im not in English class. I would lend this book to friends once I'm done reading it, but because I know my friends I would also tell them if they would like it or not. Its their choice to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment